Positions – 1
Job type – Full time
Location – Gadchiroli
At Learning Companions we are working to create education leaders who work to create effective, engaging and inclusive learning spaces for children from marginalized communities. Our mission is to transform the education landscape of Vidarbha (Maharashtra) in the next 10 years by creating about 150 education leaders through ‘Learning Companions Fellowship’ and supporting and collaborating with another 150 education leaders at different levels in schools, NGOs, government or private spaces. Through this movement, we aim to reach about 20,000 children and develop a generation of learners who are aware of their interests, values and develop a set of skills that will enable them to pursue their passion.
In the process, we will help passionate and talented fresh graduates from Nagpur to develop the set of 21st century skills necessary for solving complex social problems and leading the people and change for creating impact in the education sector. It will enable the youth to find best opportunities for work and create a proud, satisfying career. Being part of learning companions means developing the most relevant skills and opening the doors of opportunities for a brighter future while contributing to a meaningful social cause.
We have ‘teaching fellows’ working in the communities and schools. They are working to create quality lesson plans/learning experiences for children and to motivate and skill the parents for providing quality education to their children.
These fellows are supported by rigorous training for best teaching-learning practices, compiling and using creative learning activities and teaching aids, check-ins to set the SMART, rigorous goals for their class/community, demonstration of best teaching-learning practices and follow-up of their goals, learning, performance on the field. We are looking for education leaders who have relevant experience and who will be able to support and manage a team of teaching fellows and coordinate with the program team effective execution of the program.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and other different stakeholders
- Co-plan training sessions for teaching-fellows
- Support a group of fellows regarding lesson planning, goal-setting, classroom and community engagement
- Leadership development support for fellows
- Conduct regular check-ins with fellows for follow-up on co-created goals, identify gaps in planning, execution, related fellow skills and create support accordingly
- Build and maintain the culture of a team of fellows which will allow individuals to learn new skills, grow as education leaders, feel supported and execute their actions successfully.
- Maintain the documentation of program using different data capturing tools of the organization
- Maintain strong communication between fellows, program team and other stakeholders
- Minimum two years experience of teaching/facilitating classrooms, preferably primary or pre-primary classes, with proven mastery in classroom planning and execution
- Preferably at least one year experience of managing teams or working in team-driven projects
- Proficient in Hindi and English, preferably proficient in Marathi.
- Strong documentation – proven ability to work swiftly with google docs, sheets
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, effectively managing task lists
- Strong communication and goal monitoring
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps in planning, execution, and creatively working around identified challenges
Rs. 16,000-18,000 (+ 2000 Travelling allowance + 2000 Accommodation allowance or shared accomodation)
(Please note, living costs in very Gadchiroli are low compared to the tier 1 cities, accordingly the remuneration is industry-comparable)
Interest form – Please fill this quick form if this opportunity looks interesting and relevant for you. Registered candidates will be provided support through the process of application if required.
Stage 1 – Resume and Statement of Purpose – Extended Deadline – 16th November 2021
Please submit the following details before November 8th, 5 p.m., through a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, cc – email@example.com:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): Please carefully study what Learning Companions does, what is a Program Manager’s role at Learning Companions and write a statement of purpose (SOP), why would you want to take on this role, at least in 400 words.
- Resume: Your resume should include the following things: your basic bio-data, educational background, relevant past work experience and any other activities relevant to this role.
- References: Contact numbers of at least 2 people who you have worked under/seniors, and 2 people who have either worked with you in a team or under your leadership.
Stage 2 – Interview – Selected candidates will be called for a round of telephonic interview.
Stage 3 – Virtual selection day – Applicants short-listed from interview round will be called to participate in virtual selection day in which you will be asked to complete some tasks. Final candidate will be selected based on the performance in these tasks.