Positions – 1
Job type – Full time
Location – Nagpur
At Learning Companions we are working to create education leaders who work to create effective, engaging and inclusive learning spaces for children from marginalized communities. Our mission is to transform the education landscape of Vidarbha (Maharashtra) in the next 10 years by creating about 150 education leaders through ‘Learning Companions Fellowship’ and supporting and collaborating with another 150 education leaders at different levels in schools, NGOs, government or private spaces. Through this movement, we aim to reach about 20,000 children and develop a generation of learners who are aware of their interests, values and develop a set of skills that will enable them to pursue their passion.
In the process, we will help passionate and talented fresh graduates from Nagpur to develop the set of 21st century skills necessary for solving complex social problems and leading the people and change for creating impact in the education sector. It will enable the youth to find best opportunities for work and create a proud, satisfying career. Being part of learning companions means developing the most relevant skills and opening the doors of opportunities for a brighter future while contributing to a meaningful social cause.
Learning Companions is preparing to do some interesting research projects that will help us further the vision of the organization. Some of the topics include mapping of existing coverage of organizations around issues related to education in Vidarbha, needs analysis for education NGOs in the region, models for financial sustainability of development sector organizations etc.
We are in search of passionate, young leaders who are looking to work in the education sector with a specific focus on research. We require people who have a strong research background, willingness to learn and passion to work on research projects in the education sector.
- Work along with leadership team to prepare research proposals and concept notes on organization’s research priorities
- Prepare strategies for execution of proposed research, sources of data collection, train, communicate, coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the project
- Compile and analyze data, prepare insightful reports and communication collaterals
- Participate in developing overall data-collection and management framework of the organization
Expected Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest and basic understanding for planning and conducting research
- Demonstrated interest and basic understanding for data analysis and report writing
- Preparedness to learn and push oneself
- Basic understanding of using Excel/Google sheets and other office tools
- Command over writing in one of the 3 languages – English, Marathi or Hindi and preparedness to learn writing in all 3 languages
1.8 lpa – 2.4 lpa negotiable based on location, needs and experience
Interest form – Please fill this quick form if this opportunity looks interesting and relevant for you. Registered candidates will be provided support through the process of application if required.
Step 1 – Application – If you have understood the role properly and if you are ready to apply, please submit this application form by March 20th, 2022. We might request you for a telephonic conversation if we need clarifications on some of the details shared by you.
Step 2 – Interview – Selected candidates will be called for a round of virtual or in-person interviews. Final selection would be based on performance in the interview round.