Dear all, applications are closed at Learning Companions for this role. However, we are continuing to recruit people for some roles on rolling basis. Please write to us at email@example.com, along with your CV, if you are interested in working with Learning Companions.
Positions – 2
Job type – Full time
Location – Nagpur
At Learning Companions we are working to create education leaders who work to create effective, engaging and inclusive learning spaces for children from marginalized communities. Our mission is to transform the education landscape of Vidarbha (Maharashtra) in the next 10 years by creating about 150 education leaders through ‘Learning Companions Fellowship’ and supporting and collaborating with another 150 education leaders at different levels in schools, NGOs, government or private spaces. Through this movement, we aim to reach about 20,000 children and develop a generation of learners who are aware of their interests, values and develop a set of skills that will enable them to pursue their passion.
In the process, we will help passionate and talented fresh graduates from Nagpur to develop the set of 21st century skills necessary for solving complex social problems and leading the people and change for creating impact in the education sector. It will enable the youth to find best opportunities for work and create a proud, satisfying career. Being part of learning companions means developing the most relevant skills and opening the doors of opportunities for a brighter future while contributing to a meaningful social cause.
We have ‘teaching fellows’ working in the communities and schools. They are working to create quality lesson plans/learning experiences for children and to motivate and skill the parents for providing quality education to their children.
These fellows are supported by rigorous training for best teaching-learning practices, compiling and using creative learning activities and teaching aids, check-ins to set the SMART, rigorous goals for their class/community, demonstration of best teaching-learning practices and follow-up of their goals, learning, performance on the field. We are looking for education leaders (who are called ‘Circle Companions’ at LC, a role equivalent of ‘Program Manager’) who have relevant experience and who will be able to support and manage a team of teaching fellows and coordinate with the program team effective execution of the program.
You will be leading a set of 5-10 fellows towards developing their educational leadership
- Coaching Fellows
- Connecting and creating a sense of belongingness and fearlessness in their learning circles
- Co-creating vision and SMART goals for fellow and student growth with the fellow
- Planning and Executing tasks and activities for fellows to upskill in specific skills, knowledge and mindset areas aligned and required to accomplish the vision and goals
- Consistent follow up on the same with the fellows
- Leadership Development conversations for major mindset shifts and self awareness
- Differentiating support for every fellow in your learning circle.
- Mentoring Fellows
- Conducting classroom observations
- Having classroom observation debrief conversations
- Collecting data of the classrooms and supporting the fellows to help students towards targeted growth
- Connecting Fellows
- Connecting fellows with specific experts of various fields to understand and learn
- Conducting master classes with experts of various fields for fellows to learn from the ideas
- Connecting the fellows to relevant contacts within the organisation to learn/ upskill / or any other requirement
- Training Fellows
- Share the specific needs of the fellows other than the fellow curriculum with the Training Associate of the learning needs of their fellows.
Towards the community from which our children come:
Feedback generation – You will be creating and closing feedback loops on the work done with the community along with the fellows.
Towards the Organisation:
You will be assigned the associateship of one of the verticals of organisation development aligned to your interest and skills on one or more of the operations:
- Pedagogy and Leadership: Training, Learning and Research
- Fundraising and Donor Management
- Recruitment and Alumni Support
- Social Media and communication
- Government Partnerships
- Assessment and feedback generation calendar
- Human resources (onboarding, relationships, leaves management)
Expected Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of Teaching/Teaching Fellowship experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in any field
- Effective communication and as we call it, obsessive communication
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups and have a big sibling(brother/sister ) temperament.
- Experience and excitement to document learnings and goals
CTC – 2.16 lpa – 3.0 lpa negotiable based on location, needs and experience
Interest form – Please fill this quick form if this opportunity looks interesting and relevant for you. Registered candidates will be provided support through the process of application if required.
Step 1 – Application – If you have understood the role properly and if you are ready to apply, please submit this application form by March 5th, 2022. We might request you for a telephonic conversation if we need clarifications on some of the details shared by you.
Step 2 – Selection workshop – Short-listed candidates will be called to participate in virtual selection day in which you will be asked to complete some tasks. Final candidate will be selected based on the performance in these tasks.