Dear all, applications are closed at Learning Companions for this role. However, we are continuing to recruit people for some roles on rolling basis. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your CV, if you are interested in working with Learning Companions.
At Learning Companions we are working to create education leaders who work to create effective, engaging and inclusive learning spaces for children from marginalized communities. Our mission is to transform the education landscape of Vidarbha (Maharashtra) in the next 10 years by creating about 150 education leaders through ‘Learning Companions Fellowship’ and supporting and collaborating with another 150 education leaders at different levels in schools, NGOs, government or private spaces. Through this movement, we aim to reach about 20,000 children and develop a generation of learners who are aware of their interests, values and develop a set of skills that will enable them to pursue their passion.
In the process, we will help passionate and talented fresh graduates from Nagpur to develop the set of 21st century skills necessary for solving complex social problems and leading the people and change for creating impact in the education sector. It will enable the youth to find best opportunities for work and create a proud, satisfying career. Being part of learning companions means developing the most relevant skills and opening the doors of opportunities for a brighter future while contributing to a meaningful social cause.
We have ‘teaching fellows’ working in the communities and schools. They are working to create quality lesson plans/learning experiences for children and to motivate and skill the parents for providing quality education to their children.
These fellows are supported by rigorous training for best teaching-learning practices, compiling and using creative learning activities and teaching aids, check-ins to set the SMART, rigorous goals for their class/community, demonstration of best teaching-learning practices and follow-up of their goals, learning, performance on the field. We are looking for an education leader who have relevant experience and who will be able to support and manage a team of teaching fellows and lead the program team in the effective execution of the program.
- Provide Fellow support, training and management of monitoring and evaluation for the program.
- Design and conduct open spaces for fellows to unwind and receive emotional support and ensure well being.
- Provide Program Managers support, training and management of monitoring and evaluation.
- Modify and revise the Program Management (Circle Companionship) curriculum for LCF with Learning Companions.
- Design support and interventions in other verticals of the program
- Analyze the trends in the projects through the data collected and design interventions according to the data
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of Teaching/Teaching Fellowship experience
- Preferably 1-2 years of managerial experience in education sector
- Strong understanding of existing best pedagogical practices and different educational experiments happening around in the world
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in any field
- Effective communication and as we call it, obsessive communication
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups and have a big sibling(brother/sister ) temperament.
- Experience and excitement to document learnings and goals
3.6 lpa – 4.2 lpa negotiable based on location, needs and experience
Interest form – Please fill this quick form if this opportunity looks interesting and relevant for you. Registered candidates will be provided support through the process of application if required.
Step 1 – Application – If you have understood the role properly and if you are ready to apply, please submit this application form by March 5th, 2022. We might request you for a telephonic conversation if we need clarifications on some of the details shared by you.
Step 2 – Selection workshop – Short-listed candidates will be called to participate in virtual selection day in which you will be asked to complete some tasks. Final candidate will be selected based on the performance in these tasks.